VOLCANO & BEACH ADVENTURE 7D/6N
This 7-day Guanacaste vacation package is one of the best tours in Costa Rica, combining exciting volcanoes and beautiful beaches. Enjoy lots of fun adventure activities with plenty of relaxation time. Our off-the-beaten-path destinations give you the best of Guanacaste – the “sunny side” of Costa Rica!
AVAILABILITY: Every day
TOUR DURATION: 7 days / 6 nights
FREQUENCY: All year
MINIMUN: 2 people
RATE PER PERSON: $913 USD
Day by Day
7:30 a.m. Fill up for your day of adventure with a traditional Costa Rican breakfast at Hacienda Guachipelin’s restaurant.
8:30 a.m. Enjoy a full day of exciting fun on the One Day Adventure Pass tour that starts at the Hacienda Guachipelin Adventure Center. Four of the best Guanacaste adventure tours combine for an unforgettable experience: zip lining on the Canyon Canopy Tour, Rio Negro Tubing Adventure, horseback riding to waterfalls, and relaxing at the Rio Negro Hot Springs. Lunch is included.
Overnight at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.
This morning, it’s time to be up early – 5:45 a.m. – to help the ranch cowboys milk the cows at the stables before you go for breakfast. Every day, fresh milk is brought to Hacienda Guachipelin’s restaurant kitchen to be processed and served at meals.
After breakfast, at 8:30 a.m., you will ride for about 15 minutes on hotel transport to the Las Pailas entrance of the Rincón de la Vieja National Park. You will hike with your bilingual guide about 2.5 miles (3.5 km) on the Las Pailas Trail through the unique ecosystem of dry tropical forest. Rincón de la Vieja Volcano is the largest and most active volcano in Guanacaste. During your hike, you will see steam and sulfur pour out of yellow and rust-colored ground at natural fumaroles. Clay and coffee-colored pools boil with hot volcanic water. Smooth gray volcanic mud bubbles and explodes in large pits. And there is plenty of wildlife to see. Bird watching is exceptional with more than 300 kinds of birds recorded in the area. It’s an experience like no other volcano in Costa Rica.
You will return back to Hacienda Guachipelin at about 11:30 a.m. You have the afternoon free to relax and explore the area on your own. Suggestions: Hacienda Guachipelin has four different waterfalls where you can swim, and there are many other activities. Overnight at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.
7:30 a.m. Enjoy an authentic Costa Rican breakfast at Hacienda Guachipelin’s restaurant. There is time in the morning to relax, go for a hike, or try any of Hacienda Guachipelin’s other tours.
12:00 p.m. Check out and transportation to Bahia del Sol Beachfront Boutique Hotel in Playa Potrero. Located steps from the sand and tranquil waters of Potrero Beach on the sunny Guanacaste Coast, Hotel Bahia del Sol is a beautiful property with friendly staff who strive to deliver outstanding personalized service that make guests feel at home. Bahia del Sol offers an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, spa, souvenir store, and yoga classes amid lush tropical gardens facing the beach. The hotel has achieved the highest level in Costa Rica’s Certificate of Sustainable Tourism program. Overnight at Hotel Bahia del Sol.
Breakfast included at Hotel Bahia del Sol. Today is a free day to enjoy the beach and explore the surrounding area. Overnight at Hotel Bahia del Sol.
Breakfast included at Hotel Bahia del Sol.
12:00 p.m. Pick up for the Sailing, Snorkeling and Sunset Tour from Tamarindo Beach on the Marlin del Rey Catamaran. On this fun and popular Guanacaste tour you will enjoy: sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and just plain relaxing. A light lunch and open bar are included in the tour price. Please note: towels are not provided on the tour, so you should bring your own; lunch is served at approximately 3:30 p.m. so you should eat something before the tour departs.
Overnight at Hotel Bahia del Sol.
Breakfast included at Hotel Bahia del Sol. Check out and transportation back to the Liberia International Airport.
- Transportation from Liberia International Airport to Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.
- One Day Adventure Pass at Hacienda Guachipelin: Canyon Canopy Tour, Rio Negro Tubing Adventure, horseback riding, Rio Negro Hot Springs.
- 3 nights’ lodging at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin for 2 persons (double occupancy).
- 3 breakfasts per person at Hacienda Guachipelin’s restaurant.
- Lunch on Day 2 per person at Hacienda Guachipelin.
- Milking the cows experience.
- Hike to Rincón de la Vieja National Park.
- Transportation from Hacienda Guachipelin to Hotel Bahía del Sol in Playa Potrero.
- 3 nights’ lodging at Hotel Bahia del Sol for 2 persons (double occupancy).
- 3 breakfasts per person at Hotel Bahia del Sol.
- Sunset Tour on the Marlin del Rey Catamaran in Tamarindo.
- Transportation from Hotel Bahia del Sol to Liberia International Airport.
- All taxes.
Does not include
- Entrance fee to the Rincón de la Vieja National Park ($15.00 per person)
- Additional meals or activities.
What to bring?
Comfortable clothes for hot weather, long pants for horseback riding and at night, swimsuit, closed-toe river shoes or sneakers, hiking shoes, beachwear, beach sandals, sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and your camera.
- Hotel booking is subject to space availability.
- The cost of tour packages is based on double occupancy (2 persons).
- The Rincon de la Vieja National Park is closed on Mondays.
- The national park entrance fee of $15.00 USD per person is not included in the tour package.